Friday 18 April 2014

faux leather box

Hello - it's me I am still around - did you think I had disappeared?

Whilst I am waiting for my demo kit to arrive from  I thought I thought I would have a play with the faux leather technique and a Sheena embossing folder that comes  with the Spring Inspiration magazine from Crafters companion.

I opened a cupboard (full to bursting) and a box lid fell out so I routed about and found the bottom half - one of those nice square boxes with a separate lid from the MDF man.  So  I thought I would combine the two and maybe use it as a sample on my demo table.

In order to do that though I had to line it with something also from Crafters Companion and with the same magazine are a couple of DVD and on one I found a vintage floral paper - just right for the job.


I painted the box with gold acrylic paint, crackle glaze and burnt umber for the top coat .




I used vintage photo, forest moss and aged mahogany distress inks for the "leather" and inked the paper with the same.

I cut the card to size before I transformed it and I also did the scraps too - I have used some of these to cut out some flowers to decorate the lid and added some metal embellies from my stash 
Added a bit of guilding wax on some of the edges too - I quite like it .

10 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Your box is fantastic Linda , absolutely gorgeous xx

Linda Simpson said...

Linda your box looks fabulous, I love this embossing folder too. Great vintage feel to this. Wishing you a Happy Easter.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jo Rice said...

Linda, your box is fantastic, and will look great on your demo table....hope you have a very Happy Easter....hugs. Jo. X

Mindful craft said...

Hi Linda, what a fabulous project, it needs pride of place! :-) Happy Easter to you xxx

Theresa said...

this is gorgeous Linda. it looks the business....just like an antique box. love it xx

Eileen said...

This is pretty niffty stuff , Linda... love the technique and how you have decorated your box... I hope it won't go back into the cupboard... Lets hope for less hospital appointments too !
Eileen xxx

Zoe said...

Hi Linda, it's a fab technique and you've shown it off to perfection, definitely doesn't need to be in the cupboard now xx Zoe xx

Unknown said...

Really lovely box. I love playing around with the faux leather but I've only made notebooks so far. This should take pride of place on your demo table. Ela x

Janet Pring said...

Fabulous box Linda - perfect for hiding a few mini eggs!!

Jeanette Butler said...

Fantastic box Linda. I'm in awe. It will look amazing on your demo table, as it's a perfect demo of your crafting talent.xx