Sunday 1 June 2014

Maculine

Oh my life I cannot believe that we are in June - seriously- already! where is this year going?  I have even seen some people talking about the C word - I want a  bit of summer first please - I do hope it is going to be a "Flaming June" we have only had two or three nice days here in Darwen so it would be nice to see some more Sun.  

It's a right proper Claritystamp day today, what with a new blog challenge and of course our Barb on the telly, I am looking forward to the shows and then of course its a new month so I will get m NDC stamp shortly and a stencil too - can't wait 

We have had another set of brilliant entries for our Words challenge so lets see how you all get on this month MASCULINE now don't you all just lurve making cards for chaps - a right pain they can be 
This is my inspirational piece - I hope you like it.





 

I just had to get the men wheelie stencil - there are some great little chaps on there but I love this young lad leaping in the air.  I also thought what a great "hole" is in the stencil so I thought I would make use of it - well it would be rude not to!
So I made some masks and put them to one side, and kept the outer part too.  I found the centre of my card and drew a dot with a pencil. I also marked each side of the card at the halfway point.  I took the stencil apart and using the marks on the side of the card and centering over the dot I inked through the aperture  I dragged some colour across from the side  to give it a bit of variation and the little guy . I then used the outer mask to and stamped through the hole with the fob watches. I covered them up with my masks and then used the cog stencil for the background .  I used the cog stencil on some spare card and then cut circles out of it, added the words and mounted on to some cogs cut from a spellbinder die.

Right that's me done time to go and make a cuppa and settle down to watch Barbara work her magic - I wonder what stamps and stencil we will see today?  I know one thing for sure - there is bound to be something to add to my list of wants lol
Have a Super Sunday.

17 comments:

Yvonne said...

This is a very clever card Linda. Fabulous as a mans card - I love that wheelie stencil.
Have a great couple of hours watching Barb this morning xxx

Lisapmac said...

Love this Linda, so clever, lets see if I can get myself organised this month xx

Hellen Pearce said...

Fab idea Linda and love the monochrome effect x

Jeanette Butler said...

What a clever thing you are to think of using the wheelie stencil this way and what a fab masculine card design too. Like how you've got the little lad leaping around.
I'm also looking forward to receiving the first Clarity club Stencil and there's a member's sale too.
Love Jeanette x

Paula Whittaker said...

Super looking card

Jane said...

Fantastic card Linda. It's a clever use of stamps and stencils and I do like the sentiment! xxx

Naomi said...

Amazing design and love the variation is colour. Love it. xxxx

Lynne said...

Love everything about this one Linda. It's fab! x

Jo Rice said...

Brilliant male card Linda, and perfect use of stencils and stamps...I love it....hugs...Jo. X

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Linda!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Theresa said...

very clever card Linda. oh i do like the goings on in your head xx

Unknown said...

This is soooo cool Linda, clever use and combination of stamps and stencils. xx Perfect! xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Theresa, yea there is lots of wierd stuff in my head x

Angela said...

A very clever card Linda. I love the use of stamps and stencils and the colour is great. x

Jackie Elliott said...

very clever card and I like the monochrome look too.

Linda Page said...

Thanks Angela x

Linda Page said...

Thank you Jackie