Friday 1 August 2014

Feminine



AUGUST  really? already?

 Oh my word where is this year going?  I cannot believe its time for a new challenge on the Claritystamp Challenge blog.  

Last month was anything goes and wow did we have some fabulous entries again.  You guys are just amazing it is always so hard to pick just 5 for the top 5 - all I can say is I am glad we don't have to single out just one and its left to the random picker!!  
Is this the month you are going to give it a go? £50 voucher for the winner - what's to lose?

This months theme is feminine.

Now for some time I have been trying to get prints off my gelli plate but have struggled to get what I want - but patience is a virtue and practice practice practice practice and FINALLY I got some prints that were what I wanted YAY

So I just had to use one for this months challenge.

 




I used the abstract squares stencil  for this print and I used buff titanium, a blue, there is also a hint of some pink  and black acrylics.

I used the gingko stencil from last months new design stencil club and denim and black ink to add background around the print.  I have quite a lot of the miniature stamps and decided to use velvet lady, kasha and a shoe as they fit nicely in the boxes and I coloured these in with spectrum noir pencils.  the other two little stamps I have had for years - some of you may remember that many moons ago Barbara always had a box of little unmounted stamps whenever she attended a show and both of these were the results of rummaging lol however they can be found in the atc section the floral urn is here  I can't find the miniature version of the Lotus but here's a link to the full size one

I coloured some sweet lilac flowers - so easy with the Claritystamp brushes - with denim and raspberry.  I gave the same treatment to some white lace and cut a flourish from a die.


14 comments:

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,lovely background and colours.xxx

Naomi said...

Amazing dimension on this Linda, fantastic.

Jo Rice said...

So pleased that you have cracked your Gelli plate and that it is playing nicely for you....this is a really beautiful and moody piece of work...I. Love it. Have a great weekend...hugs...x

Yvonne said...

All the practice has paid off Linda this is a masterpiece. The lace and flowers set it off perfectly xxx

Lynne said...

Beautiful card Linda.I love the colour, it has an almost misty look to it.
Mum and I used to love rummaging through those mini stamps and I have quite a few too. lol x

Yorkie girl said...

Linda that is truly inspired I love the way it is sectioned of by the stencil
It is beautiful mate Tx

Lisapmac said...

So elegant xx

Unknown said...

The depth you've caught in this card is just amazing Linda - I love it!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card, love the beautiful design, background and the lace adds a beautiful feminine touch. I hope you are feeling a bit better today.
Hugs
Linda xx

Angela said...

Beautiful card Linda - love the background you have achieved. x

Theresa said...

love it. would have sworn it was monochrome! and hen i read it has pink in there!!! you are becoming quite arty with the old gelli plate. Sam Crowe you'd better watch out ;) xx

Emma Burns said...

Beautiful and very feminine. PERFECT!!!! Love what you have done here....I may just have to get that stencil! I love the ATC stamps and am slowly building up my stash of them. Hugs xx

Jane said...

I really like this Linda...really moody background but made so feminine with the lace and flowers and the images you have used! xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

A beautiful creation Linda, love the delicate colours and the images are lovely and such pretty flowers in the corner.
Hugs Jennifer xx