Sunday 1 February 2015

FLORAL


Good Morning and a happy February to you all .
Our Barbara is on the telly box this morning and this afternoon --YAY looking forward to seeing all the samples and new stuff I wonder what I will be tempted with today? sure as eggs is eggs I will be tempted by something!

Well the January challenge got off to a flying start with our new design team and lots of fabulous entries this month - what a great way to start the year. I wonder which lucky entrant the random picker will choose?  I know picking my top favourite five was tough.

The challenge for February is Floral  - and  I wanted to use this lovely floral stencil so here is my offering and how I arrived at it.  I hope you like it. 

I know what the challenge is for next month and I know what I am doing - I just hope I get it finished on time or I will have to have a rethink.








I started with a piece of black card and spread grunge paste through the Filigraphy Flower Stencil then left to dry.  As you can see I did this on a scrap as I had several attempts at this as I couldn't decide quite which order I should do things in next.



I decided that I wanted to do something in the background with gold embossing  so that it would match the guilding I wanted to use on the flower, so I found my crackle stamp and the diamond stamp from the journal set.  



I decided that this was way too busy so decided to tone it down a bit but before I did that I had a light bulb moment and  added some texture to the grunge paste by using  the Remountable Filigraphy foliage stamp to stamp an impression into the flower before it was too dry - I stamped into versamark first just to be on the safe side and then I cleaned my stamps pronto!




Then  I went back to the background this time I just used the journalling set.

  I then started to add guilding wax to the leaves but realised I hadn't taken a picture .

I continued to add guilding wax to the whole flower.

I forgot to take a pic - but you get the idea!  I then used my ebrush and speccy pens the dark greens and the dark reds to colour the flower.

Here is a close up of the flower head.





I needed a matt tat wouldn't look out of place so I cut some whte card, added a bit of guilding wax and went over with the e brush.

I mounted this on another matt of black before sticking it on the card.

I was a bit disappointed that I manage to get some guilding wax on the black background  but then I thought it just added to the grunginess.  






13 comments:

Naomi said...

Beautiful card Linda, the texture on the flower and leaves in so lovely and adds so much to the piece. The 3D effect I'm sure is even more noticeable in person. So lush and rich. xxx

Naomi said...

Beautiful card Linda, the texture on the flower and leaves in so lovely and adds so much to the piece. The 3D effect I'm sure is even more noticeable in person. So lush and rich. xxx

Shelagh Metselaar said...

As someone who loves to wear black, I adore the contrast between the background and gilding. The luscious colours you have used further enhance the three dimensional effect. Lovely!

carols handmade cards said...

I do love the richness of this card and this stencil the effect is so 3d. Xx

Maria Moorhouse said...

This is great Linda, I love the end product and I love the one with the gold crackle background. X

Unknown said...

I really love the drama of this Linda. The red, green and gold look absolutely stunning against the black background. Great work. Xxx

Angela said...

Beautiful artwork Linda, very dramatic looking and the colours look amazing against the black background. x

crafty said...

Love your card Linda looks like you placed the flower on top lovely xx

Yvonne said...

This is stunning Linda. Lots of texture, colour and lushness (if that's a word!!).
Huge congratulations again on the birth of your new grandchild xxxx

Mrs P said...

This is ab-fab Linda. Like Maria, I love the crackle background too.....maybe that one should be a finished piece of artwork too???? Very different idea with the grunge paste and stamps - I've sprinkled glitter on it whilst it was wet, but never stamped on it - gives a great effect! A wonderful piece of creativity xxx

Theresa said...

stunning Linda. and i do love the one with the crackle stamp all over. i think once you colour in the flower it would look ace. i'll have it for my birthday if yo don't like it ;) hugs xx

Emma Burns said...

Fabulous Linda. Very rich. I too like the version with the whole background in crackle and diamond. You might just have to give in to pressure and redo that one. Big Hugs xx

Lesley said...

Great Linda. Both versions of background work for me. Your step by step instructions are very helpful and will inspire me to have a go with the grungepaste I got in my latest order from Clarity. x