Friday 29 May 2015

gelli card for a friend

 Hello there this is a card I made for a friend after I had watched Sam Crowe's you tube video about using two gelli plates at once.  I had a great afternoon practising and this was one I just had to use for this card.

I just love all the grunginess of it .



I used Amanda Branston's design for Claritystamp of a Shepherds purse.

It is an open stamp set so I stamped with vanilla chalk paint from paper artsy then I used the same paint to fill in the petals. 





When dry I over-stamped again with black archival. trimmed back and matted and layered a couple of times

14 comments:

Jo Rice said...

Afternoon Linda, this is such a stunning design, and I am so lucky to have it standing on my fireplace....I am glad that I now know how you created it...thank you so much....I will treasure it always....hugs...xxx

Linda Page said...

Aw bless ya Jo xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful Linda I love the background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Linda Page said...

Thank you Linda x

Lisapmac said...

Fantastic Linda, love this xx

Janet Pring said...

Fab card, Linda. I love the background effect x

Theresa said...

great card Linda. love the vibrancy. lucky you Jo xx

Jeanette Butler said...

Fab card, Linda and lucky Jo to have received. I love the grunge too and I'm still promising myself a play on the Gelli since seekng Sam's video too. Don't think I'll get anything as great as this though. Love how you stamped in paint then overstamped in archival. Really brings Amanda's stamp to the foreground xx

Unknown said...

You are so inspiring. As yet have not watched Sam's video but will do. Have gelli plate and stencils at the ready but might have to make my own grunge paste!
Moira

Linda Page said...

Thank you Lisa xx

Linda Page said...

aww thanks Janet x

Linda Page said...

Thanks Theresa xx

Linda Page said...

Thanks Janette xx

Linda Page said...

Oh thank you Moira - I want to see what you have done when you come back xx